2017-2018 Grant Applications
Hot Spots has opened applications for The 21st Century Enrichment Grants, making funds available for 2017-2018 innovative community engagement projects, that are not accounted for in the school budget. The grants must address a 21st Century Learning Theme, an identified need aligned within the School’s Improvement/Progress Plan and outline a plan for community engagement. The purpose of the grants are to diversify elementary educational enrichment opportunities and increase student, parent, teacher and community collaborative efforts in support of out of school time.
HSECP in partnership with The Education Foundation hosts a monthly conference call to answer any of YOUR questions about the grant application or process.
Dial In Here: (515) 739-1405
Access Code: 126311
Conference Call Dates:
- July 27th @ 10:00 a.m.
- August 11th @ 10:00 a.m.
- September 8th @ 10:00 a.m.
- October 12th@ 10:00 a.m.
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Grant Recipients!
During the 2016-2017 school year, Hot Spots helped to facilitate 21st Century Enrichment Grant opportunities to nine elementary schools in Maryland. To learn more about the experiences of the 21st Century Enrichment Grant recipients, read about the 2016-2017 events here.
The 21st Century Enrichment Grant Goals Are to:
- Serve more children and school community in Maryland with high quality hands-on collaborative events
- Maximize the impact of school community events through the modeling of strategic planning and collaborative efforts, as well as diversify available resources
- Offer capacity building opportunities to partner in the network so they may better serve their educational community
- Offer schools an opportunity to extend the grant into sustainable long-term projects
Elementary Schools are encouraged to search the approved Grant Partners below, organized by the 21st Century Learning Themes have demonstrated expertise and experience in providing relevant services that help schools to achieve the goals of The 21st Century Enrichment Grant. Collaboration with these vendors is not required to apply, but certainly encouraged as each provides valuable support to the Grant Liaison. Check out what each partner has to offer!